Antonio Conte took a bold decision to make a lot of changes to the starting line up that won the Leaguetitle and it was a hard fought battle against Watford before the game ended in a 4-3 win at the Stamford Bridge.
John Terry started the line up as the Captain to gain victory over Watford. He scored the 1st goal in the 22nd minute to give the Champions a lead but in 2 minutes, his ugly clearance costed them the equalizer through Etienne Capoue‘s header.
Cesar Azpilicueta, the most brilliant defender currently in the league put Chelsea back in the lead in the 36th minute with a long rang shot when the ball got back to him. After the half time, Michy Batshuayi went for glory again in the 49th minute and scored his 3rd Premier League goal for Chelsea.
After Michy’s goal, Chelsea started having fan as if they were selling off the match. They went from 3-1 to 3-3 in 20 minutes after that. Daryl Janmaat scored the 2nd goal after bullying all the defenders as he put the ball behind Begovic. Stefano Okaka added a 3rd for Watford and they were leveled with the Champions.
Chelsea were at the verge of losing their 1st game after being crowned Champions, but for Fabregas‘ intervention in the 88th minute- 9 minutes after he came on for Chalobah– Watford would have served them with a cold cup of defeat and humiliation even though it wasn’t their best team on a normal day.
5 Things to consider after the match against Watford
1. It’s obvious that after Chelsea won the League title, they would be having fun and also joking around in the league till 27th May when they would play Arsenal in the FA Cup finals.
2. Antonio Conte tested the strength of the younger guys and he was quite impressed. He is going to assess how much of strengths he has than weaknesses; from players to goals keepers.
3. John Terry would enjoy his final days in Chelsea as a legend, leader and a Champion.
4. China would be knocking on their doors and it’s uncertain who is likely to leave. Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois have won the attention of Real Madrid, Jose Mourinho wants Willian at the Old Trafford and Diego Costa has not done so much to silence the China rumors.
5. Chelsea’s journey back into the UEFA Champions League starts from now and there’s still a lot of work to do. Antonio Conte’s next hurdle is to go for gold in the UEFA Champions League next season. He would need the best of players around and he would have to start by preventing the ones he has from moving.
Watch Antonio Conte’s Post Match Interview
DON’T MISS OUT!
Be the first to get latest updates and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.